With UK beer sales declining and audiences engaging with media in rapidly changing ways, Carlsberg needed a fresh approach to reconnect with audiences. Enter the Fold7 ‘Newsroom’ – a dedicated team charged with injecting Carlsberg creative moments into the everyday.
INTO THE FOLD
Our strategy combines large-scale ‘hero’ advertising moments with planned calendar opportunities and reactive social content. Ideas ranging from Carlsberg beer-dispensing posters, to our reactive ‘Beer Body Ready’ campaign, to the ‘Carlsberg Cases’ luggage carousels. We’ve generated fame for the brand and driven talkability amongst a highly engaged audience. In conjunction with the bigger stunts, our ‘Newsroom’ also operates a reactive approach on social media, applying the ‘If Carlsberg did…’ treatment to news stories and current affairs.
We’ve created some of the most memorable and award-winning advertising of 2015, with remarkable results to match:
• Total brand awareness has doubled
• Total reach of 135 million people through all campaign activity
• Rate of sale, both on and off trade are up year-on-year
• Our beer-dispensing poster reached 60 million consumers globally via PR coverage
• In the single day our reactive campaign was live, over 30 million people questioned whether they were Beer Body Ready – half the UK population
• Our ‘If Carlsberg did Cases’ content reached over 13 million people worldwide
The campaign lives on with the ‘Newsroom’ team ensuring Carlsberg becomes the most talked about and socially connected brand of 2016